CardioChek HDL Cholesterol Test Strips

$102.14

HDL Cholesterol test strips for CardioChek Plus and CardioChek PA.  (25/Box)

Special Order

SKU: 1714 Category:

Description

Package Insert
Safety Data Sheet

Unit: 1 Box
Regulatory Status: CLIA Waived (whole blood) / Professional Use Only
Contents: 25 Test Strips, 1 Memo Chip, Package Insert
For Use With: CardioChek PA and CardioChek Plus Analyzers
Determinations: HDL
Storage Requirements: 68° – 86° F
Sample Volume: 15uL
Processing Time: As little as 45 seconds
Range:  25-85 mg/dL (0.65-2.20 mmol/L)

The PTS Diagnostics HDL Test Strip measures high density lipoprotein (HDL)  in the system. Approximately 85% of the cholesterol in our blood is produced by our own bodies with the remaining 15% coming from animal products found in our diet. Moderate amounts of cholesterol (a type of lipid) are essential for production, maintenance, and fluidity of cell membranes; nerve insulation and conduction; as well as hormone and bile salt production. The total cholesterol reading is an indication of the overall amount of cholesterol circulating in the blood at the time the test is given. High-density lipoprotein is beneficial to heart health due to its ability to transport cholesterol and triglycerides within the water-based bloodstream to the liver for removal or re-utilization.

Although heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US, only 20% of those cases can be attributed to genetic risk factors. By focusing on diet, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and regularly testing cholesterol levels, patients can be proactive in reducing their chances for heart disease.

Fasting Test: No
Time to Results: 45 seconds on average
Sample Amount (whole blood or serum): 15ul

The MEMoChip is the key link between the test strip and the analyzer.  A MEMo Chip is included with each vial of test strips and contains specific calibration and other information that enables the analyzer to “read” each particular test strip.

Additional information

Weight 0.45 lbs
Dimensions 4 × 2 × 2 in