Sale!

Cholestech TC+Glucose Test Cassettes

$40.90 $34.50

These tests are short dated with an expiration of less than 6 months. Please contact us at 800-217-7828 to get specific expiration dates.

No returns on clearance items

TC + GLU (Total Cholesterol & Glucose ) test cassettes for the Cholestech LDX System.  (10/Box)

Refrigerated product – Must be delivered within 3 Business Days.

In stock

SKU: 10-988-C Categories: , ,

Description

Package Insert
Patient Results Log
LDX Cassette CLSI

Unit: 1 Box
Regulatory Status: CLIA Waived (whole blood) / Professional Use Only
Contents: 10 Individually Wrapped Test Cassettes, Package Insert
For Use With: Alere Cholestech LDX Analyzer
Determinations: Total Cholesterol / Glucose
Storage Requirements: 36° – 46° F
Sample Volume: 40uL
Processing Time: 5 minutes

The Alere Cholestech Total Cholesterol and Glucose Cassette measures both total cholesterol (TC) and glucose (GLU). Total cholesterol values give an indication of the overall amount of cholesterol circulating in the blood at the time the test is given. Approximately 85% of the cholesterol in our blood is produced by our own bodies with the remaining 15% coming from animal products found in our diet. Moderate amounts of cholesterol are essential for production, maintenance, and fluidity of cell membranes; nerve insulation and conduction; as well as hormone and bile salt production. However, a high cholesterol level (over 200 mg/dL) can be detrimental to our health, leading to increased fat deposits and build up in blood vessel walls, clogged arteries (known as atherosclerosis), and significantly increasing the potential for heart attack or stroke.

Although heart disease is the leading cause of death in the US, only 20% of those cases can be attributed to genetic risk factors. By focusing on diet, maintaining a healthy lifestyle, and regularly testing cholesterol levels, patients can be proactive in reducing their chances for heart disease.

Blood glucose is a simple sugar that comes from the breakdown of carbohydrates. It is the primary source of energy used by the body. As we digest carbohydrates, glucose enters the blood, raising blood sugar levels and stimulating the pancreas to release insulin which helps the cells absorb glucose for energy or storage. If blood glucose levels rise too rapidly or too often, the cells become ineffective in their response to insulin leading to metabolic syndrome and eventually diabetes. It is important to test blood glucose periodically to assess your body’s ability to process it effectively.

 

Additional information

Weight 0.75 lbs
Dimensions 5 × 3 × 5 in